22 Oct HOSTESSES & HOSTS WANTED
Summary of Position:
A Host/Hostess presents a positive first impression of the establishment’s friendliness, excellent service and high standards. The Host/Hostess also greet Guests upon arrival, inform Guests of their wait time (if any), monitor a waiting list, enter Guest names into the computer system, show Guests to their table and bid Guests farewell as they leave.
A Host/Hostess must be able to carry natural conversation with Guests without sounding scripted or intrusive. Additionally, the Host cares for our Guests by refilling beverages and performs light housekeeping duties such as cleaning glasses and menus and ensures restrooms are clean, stocked and orderly. As a member of an energetic team, the Host/Hostess may also need to answer the phones and fill to-go orders when needed. Availability must include nights and weekends.
You’re the key ambassador of the establishment.
Reports to: Manager / Managing Director
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present menus; announce waiter’s name.
- Assigning guests to preferred tables, while keeping table-rotation in mind so that waiters receive the right number of guests.
- Inform Guest of current promotion and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff.
- Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service.
- Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate.
- Observant to Guests’ needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service (i.e. notice a drink refill is needed while seating another Guest and ensuring the drink is refilled prior to getting back to the door).
- Uphold establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies.
- Help dining room staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservation and answering question.
- Providing great customer services.
- Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
- Must be able to clearly communicate Guests’ needs to rest of the JJQUEST team.
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment in order to answer telephone and respond to Guest requests
- Must be able to carry trays or supplies
- Passion for providing extraordinary service
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An appetite for learning (and great food)
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
- 4 months experience in a full-service restaurant preferred
- Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive
- Must be able to assist Guests and possess great Guest relations skills
- Ability to stand/walk and stay focused and alert for extended periods of time
Qualifications, Skills & Proficiencies :
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to provide top notch customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Have great People Skills
- Very Professional
- Must be able to Multitask
- Must understand and execute Planning
- Must have Basic Math skills
- Must have and pay Attention to Detail
- Does high quality work while unsupervised.
- Wiling to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point of sale system.
- Restaurant experience a plus.
- Must have a great mastery of the French language, and fluent in English