22 Oct CHEFS NEEDED!
Summary of Position:
The Head Chef is responsible for ensuring that the standard and quality of the food production and the hygiene within the department is maintained at the highest level at all times. This role is very much hands-on, requiring attention to detail, working under high pressure, delivering food on time and keeping a very positive and professional work attitude.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Food Preparation & Supervision
- Ensure all food is prepared as per food preparation requirements
- Ensure meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are
- available for the various areas.
- Maintain and manage stock levels of all kitchen and food supplies
- Prepare daily roasting, pastry and bakery requirements as per the menu
- Be available for functions as they arise to ensure that the food is prepared and served to very high standards as required
- Take additional training courses and chef exchange programs to improve quality of work experience
- Co-design food menu in-line with the director and establishment’s menu design requirements
- Overseeing & Supervise All Kitchen Staff
- Ensure all staff are aware of their duties and what is expected of them
- Teach new staff skills they require to perform their roles to the required standard
- Delegate duties to kitchen staff as per the menu requirements
- Oversee and monitor the work of kitchen staff to ensure all tasks are done as required
- Give staff feedback on their performance to enable staff development
- Ensure any staffing issues are resolved fairly and quickly.
- Manage Kitchen Stock
- In-charge of food and kitchen supply procurement and purchases,
- Account for and report on any and all kitchen and food on a weekly basis
- Responsible for entire kitchen and food supplies
- Prepare weekly progress reports on kitchen brigade, stock, inventory, purchases and sales
- Ensure wastage is minimised by careful supervision of food preparation methods
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilised to prevent food loss
- Oversee the ordering and control of stock levels
- Health & Safety Working Conditions.
- Ensure staff are aware of and follow safe work practices at all times
- Assign and Assist other staff in the cleaning of the kitchen at the end of the shift and supervise thorough weekly kitchen deep-clean
- Ensure his/her own work station is kept clean and hygienic at all times
- Qualified Chef
- Experience and success in equivalent job roles
- Punctual, organised and trustworthy
- Professional appearance
- Ability to manage other people
- Ability to motivate staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to solve problems
- Willingness to take initiative and make decisions
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively
- Proficient in computer skills including POS systems, Word and Excel.
- Bilingual – good mastery of either language (English and French)