22 Oct Chef Commis Needed!
Summary of Position:
To assist the chef and the sous chef in the kitchen operation and ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is maintain at all time.
Reports to: Chef / Sous-Chef
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist in the preparation and cooking of the menu items as directed by the chef or sous chef.
- To assist in the development and planning of the menus, including future food trends and be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
- To assist with stock taking when required.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate.
- To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary.
- To ensure that the customer is given a prompt and efficient service
- To gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning.
- To ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
- To adhere to the company’s food hygiene, health and safety and environmental policies.
- To ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with company’s food hygiene, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
- Must have good supervisory skills.
- Must have good communication with chefs and front of house team.
- Must be skilled in time management.
- Must have teaching and motivational skills.
- Must exhibit an excellent service attitude and be willing to go out of their way to accommodate the guests and exceed their expectations.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to meet the changing needs of guests.
- Must maintain a level of professionalism and communicate effectively.
- Must show enthusiasm for the job, the restaurant and the establishment.
- Must be considerate, patient and willing to help out fellow employees.
- Must have a good self-image and be able to command the respect of the employees.
- Must be able to tolerate pressure and work calmly and efficiently during busy times.
- Possess the highest work ethics, personal morals and honesty beyond reproach.