22 Oct Bar-Back Needed!
Summary of Position :
The bar back will assist in cleaning the bar, preparing garnishes, ensuring the bar is well stocked with napkins, straws, glassware, garnishes and all the other necessities and taking on other duties to support the bartender and ensure that the bar operate smoothly.
You should be knowledgeable about menu items attentive and focused on providing the best possible services in a fast-paced environment.
Reports to : Manager
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Assisting with opening and closing duties such restocking the bar with garnishes, straws and napkins ensuring that bartenders have clean towels, glassware etc.
- Ensuring bar is well stocked with ice, liquor wine and beer.
- Checking taps and appliances to confirms that they are working properly.
- Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surface, sweeping and mopping removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas and emptying trash receptacles.
- Learning about menu items and memorising cocktail recipes.
- Bussing tables, learning how to open tabs and service especially during peak hours.
- Speaking to customers, answering questions, handling complaints.
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly
Qualifications, Skills & Proficiencies :
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience would be preferred
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance
- Knowledge of menu items including beers, wines, cocktails and liquors.
- Basic math and computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situation with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally
- Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods and working night, weekends and holidays
- Must have Basic Math skills
- Must be a Team player and achieve teamwork
- Must have and pay Attention to Detail
- Must be great Verbal and Written Communication
- Must be Organised
- Must be Flexible